W is for waiting room (A-Z project)

B is for beauty salon

When I first walked into the salon, my eyes were immediately drawn towards the shelves covered in an assortment of different nail polishes. The bottles were of all sizes and they were arranged neatly on the walls.  I could hear the buzzing of all the nail tools, filing down the client’s nails and prepping them for the nail polish. I sat on the spinning chair in the waiting room and tried to decide on a color. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the salon door swing open and heard the bell above the door jingle. In walked a young lady who looked only a few years older than me. She had her long blonde hair swept back in a high pony tail and she was carrying a plastic water bottle. She approached the lady at the front desk and asked for an acrylic fill. She then took a seat in the spinning chair beside me. We didn’t talk much, she was too busy glancing at her watch which made it seem like she was in a rush. I sorted through the colors and tried deciding on how long I wanted my acrylics. After a few minutes, the young woman picked up her water bottle and headed for the door. The nail salon workers seemed confused and asked her if she still wanted to get her nails done. The lady turned around and told them she was in a rush. She then sped out the door and hopped into her silver truck.

W is for waiting room

I was sitting at the orthodontist, waiting for them to call my name so I could get my braces taken off. I was getting restless as I had been waiting for so long. A few people had walked past me now and  I was bored out of my mind. I looked around the room thinking of ways to entertain myself, then I remembered this assignment and started working on the story.

This is how they met. She rushed into the dentist waiting room, pulling her three toddles behind her. She had two cups of coffee in her hands and she was franticly trying to get her children to listen to her. They were running in and out of her legs, jumping on the couches and screaming.

Please just sit down for five seconds will you, I’ve had enough of this!” She cried.

She walked on over to the front desk and tried to sign in. The lady at the front desk seemed busy at the time so she decided to look around the waiting room to pass time. Suddenly, her car keys slipped out of her hands and fell to the floor. Looking annoyed, she reached down to pick them up and collided with the dentist who tried to do the same. Their heads butted and the two cups of coffee poured all over the poor man. The woman let out a shriek and apologized profusely. The dentist looked up at her and laughed. While cleaning up the mess, he asked her if she’d like to go out to dinner with him. 

Z is for zoo

I was at Petland the other day with my friend looking at all of the different animals. My eyes were immediately drawn towards the barking dogs in the corner of the store. I walked on over to them and began playing fetch. They jumped happily and wagged their tails. They were still puppies so they were tiny and they had an extremely small attention span. Then we decided to walk on over to the hamsters. They were all bunched up in a pile, laying on  top of one another.  A few of them were running on the hamster wheels and drinking water. The cage smelled a bit gross so we went to go look at the cats instead. There were a variety of cats, all breeds and sizes. A few of them were scratching the posts and others were still asleep. There was one tabby cat with only three legs. She was really sweet and fell asleep on my friends lap as she stroked her ears. Beside the cats was the rodent section. There were many mice, rats and guinea pigs around us but the aquarium caught our attention first. Fish all colors of the rainbow swam gracefully across the glass. In the background you could hear the calm flow of the water hitting the rocks. In my opinion, I liked playing with the puppies the most but the fish were definitely the most aesthetically pleasing out of all the animals.