March Reading Ladder

Books I’ve read this month:

In order from first read to most recently read.

• The Glass Castle– Jeannette Walls (288 pages)
  • The Alchemist- Paulo Coelho (180 pages)
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky (213 pages)
  • The Book of Negros- Lawrence Hill (511 pages) 

Total number of pages read this month: 1192 (39 pages per day)

The Glass Castle- Jeannette Walls

(288 pages in total, 72 pages per week)

5/5 stars

The Glass Castle

The Castle is a book based on a true story. This book was extremely interesting and it had great imagery. I enjoyed the suspense throughout the novel and the description of each of the characters. It was unlike at other book I’ve read before and I’m glad I decided to give it a try. Overall, I would definitely recommend this book as it was well written and had an interesting plot.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky 

(213 pages in total, 53 pages per week)

3/5 stars

In grade 9, my class watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower in leadership. I enjoyed the movie and decided to try reading the book too. Overall, this book was well written and I enjoyed reading it. The characters were well developed and I found them quite relatable. However, I don’t think I’d re-read this book as I found the plot was quite predictable in the movie and the book.

The Book of Negros- Lawrence Hill

(511 pages in total, 99 pages per week)

4/5 stars

My goal for this month was to finish reading this novel and I managed to complete it. I loved the ending of this novel and I’m glad I was able to finish reading it. Overall, the novel had great suspense and an unpredictable plot. I was interested throughout the whole novel and would strongly recommend others to read this book.

Goals for next month: 

Overall, I’m proud with the amount of reading I’ve completed this month. I’ve managed to complete all the books I’ve read and managed to read 238 more pages this month. I’ve also been able to complete more books this month as I read a few books over sprig break. For next month, I hope to keep up the good work for next month. I’m sure I’ll be busy with a lot of school work next month so I hope to read at least three books.